(Source; CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
Apropos of this quick look back at over 7 years of blogging, here’s a picture of an old ad close to my home that I must have passed hundreds of times in the last few years, which often gets me thinking. I hope some of these posts can still do the same for you too.
- 2013 Why Did Allure Korea Take 10 Years to Have a Korean Cover Model?
- 2012 Korean (Movie) Censors in Retreat?
- 2011 Ministry of Health and Welfare: “Unwed Mothers are Ignorant Whores”
- 2010 Korean Photoshop Disaster #7: I Hate You Lee Soo-kyeong…
- 2009 “Korean Women are Sexually Conservative”
- 2008 Naver’s Photo of the Day
- 2007 Korea’s Convenient Invasion Myths
Meanwhile, please feel free to use the picture for your own post or presentation on gender, hierarchy, and (Neo-)Confucianism(!). From my perspective, it’s a pity it’s Japanese and not Korean, but that does raise the interesting question of how similar Japanese society is (or not) in those regards. Continuing today’s theme, please see here for some investigating of that I did back in 2008.